50 Public Domain Children’s Books Courtesy Of The Library of Congress

Library of Congress Rare Books & Special Collections – Children’s Literature

In this collection you’ll find beautiful full scans of some of most delightful children’s book of the past century. Here’s a few samples from the collection…

The Circus Procession. N.Y. [i.e. New York]: McLoughlin Bro’s., c1888.

The Twelve Magic Changelings / By M.A. Glen. New York: Frederick A. Stokes Co., c1907.

Ballad of the Lost Hare/ By Margaret Sidney [pseud.]. Boston: D. Lothrop, c1882.

Find more at the link below…

These books and images are so much fun… and I’ll bet you could figure out some creative ways to make a few new products with them.  I’ve found several images that I’m planning to use for my new “Multiple Stream Of Income – Public Domain Images“.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Lucy Davis-Benzoni August 23, 2011 at 3:04 am

Thank you Debra. A very interesting link.
Best regards,
Lucy

Lady Elisabeth August 23, 2011 at 6:33 am

Yeah, what Lucy said! A very interesting link indeed!
Kind regards,
Elisabeth

Lynn Mahar August 23, 2011 at 8:43 am

Childrens books are my passion…thank you so much for this link.

Mary Blackburn August 23, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Debra,

As the grandmother of 3 little girls, this is way beyond cool.

Thank you for this information. I can’t wait to make some childrens books for them and possibly to sell also.

Plus, my mind is spinning at the possibilities of the pictures.

I may have to unsubscribe to your newsletter just to stop the chatter in my head. ;)

No I couldn’t do that because I’d just check your website everyday. :) LOL
Mary Blackburn´s last blog post ..Celiac Awareness Tour

GrandmaMarilyn August 24, 2011 at 7:49 am

Wonderful books. Thank you for pointing us to them.
GrandmaMarilyn´s last blog post ..Memorial for Suzanne Wester

Corinne August 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm

What a fantastic find Debra! I just love the artwork in these books – thinking about how to use it…Thanks & hope you are doing well! Still need to make it to Yuma one day ;-)

Ron Romano March 17, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Exellent Download!! Thanks so much Debra. These will be a great Addition to my Website, I have already used a few on there. By the way If you would like to trade website links just let me know!

RoberT JoneS September 11, 2012 at 11:22 am