Amazon Arbitrage My Journey and Finding The Perfect Product To Sell

My journey into Amazon Arbitrage (and eBay Arbitrage as well) started a few months ago… I have finally listed all the items I purchased as a test.

The listings all started on June 2, 2011 and I’ve sold 2 items so far.

UPDATE: I’ve been adding to my inventory and selling stuff now for almost 3 months.  August 2011 – I will hit over $1000 in sales!  (That’s not profit – this is the “gross sales” figure – you have to take out cost of products and fees to find the profit).

First… let me explain ~ Arbitrage ~ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage)

Arbitrage – In this instance – Just means

Buy Low – Sell High

That’s it… you have to find “cheap stuff” and sell it to someone who wants it so bad they will pay top dollar for it.

I found that it’s easy to BUY stuff - It’s much harder to get motivated to SELL!

Once I put my items up for sale on Amazon – I kicked myself because it was so easy and painless. It’s much easier to list on Amazon than eBay.

Not knocking eBay – I still use eBay to sell “collectibles” but for new (or slightly used items) Amazon.com is really a nice way to go.

I learned from Deb Henry in Fishing For Niches that buying other peoples stuff for cheap and selling it on eBay or Amazon is a great way to make some fast cash.

In fact – I got so excited I started shopping around online and offline (following Deb’s research tips and ideas from Fishing For Niches) and found a few things to “test”.

• I’m testing one thing I purchased at the Goodwill store on eBay… not very optimistic about this one.
  • I’m testing some things I bought at Goodwill on Amazon.com.
  • I tested a product I bought and resold on Amazon for a profit.
  • I’m testing a few products I purchased on eBay and are now up for sale on Amazon.

I found my Dream Product to sell on Amazon.com!  It’s really a surprise and yet so easy… once I put all the pieces I’ve learned from a variety of sources ~ together.

My Journey Into Amazon Arbitrage ~ How I Found The Perfect Product

You can read all about my journey through this process and the exact product I found to sell on Amazon.com (and why) here:

Amazon Arbitrage

In this short report I show exactly what products I purchased and where I’m selling them now.

I also tell you a story explaining exactly how I came up with the “Perfect Product” (for me) to sell on Amazon.com and why this product is so perfect for my business.  I don’t need products that are hard to find and even harder to ship.

This report tells you where I came up with the ideas and who (which expert) gave me the ideas.

It’s amazing the ideas you can come up with – just by seeing what others have done that works (and doesn’t work).

That’s exactly what you will find in “My Journey Into Amazon Arbitrage”.

Click On The Buy Now Button

$14.99

I’m here for ya

Amazon Arbitrage has been Updated!

June 20, 2011. I’ve added in all the juicy details – where I went wrong and where I’ve gone totally Right.  Plus – I’ve shared where I’m headed next with Amazon.

Remember – when you purchase Amazon Arbitrage – you get all the updates. Automatically.

Once I’ve found my perfect profitable plan… the price of Amazon Arbitrage will go up.

The information that is in Amazon Arbitrage is usually “stuff” I share on this blog.  But – I’ve had problems sharing and then people jump on the same band wagon and I have to search for new ideas.  This hurts my business and takes more of my precious time.

However – I think the information is important.  It’s knowledge you just won’t see anywhere else!  I want you to have access to this information.  That’s why I’m charging for the information – but I’ve kept it at a very affordable price.

Amazon Arbitrage has Nothing to do with selling Public Domain content products. Its’ just another way to make a bit (or a lot eventually) of cash to take to the bank!

Amazon Arbitrage Has Been Updated Again and Again!

July 16, 2011 and August 17, 2011. I’ve included every detail about what’s happening with my Amazon FBA business… and few more glitches that need to be ironed out.

If you have purchased Amazon Arbitrage before – you can go right into your account at the download center and download the new updated version now.

This “little” report is getting huge! It’s already at 54 pages and still growing.

I’ve also  found a great tool that is helping me in my research – it’s paid for itself many times over already. You will find that on the very last page.

I’ve also found some fantastic tools that are helping to speed up the process of everything from buying decisions to listing products and shipping.

Click On The Buy Now Button

$14.99

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

G-Ma… that’s my problem! I can buy and buy… but I can’t seem to get motivated to sell. Geeesh… it’s a pain and my hubby does look at me with the “please – get rid of this stuff” look – Often!

2. Darlene says

I started selling on Amazon earlier this year after I bought the FBA course from Jim Cockrum. I’m doing OK, but so far I haven’t made a huge pile of money yet. Still looking for that “perfect product”! I’m going to pop for your book since it’s so affordable. I’m curious to see what you’re doing.

3. says

Hey Darlene… I agree that it’s a bit of a mystery to make a huge pile of money on Amazon. I think that reading and watching what I’m doing inside Amazon Arbitrage is going to save many some cash in the long run.

I really am working to narrow down to a few perfect products. :)

4. Steven says

Purchased and read through your book. Have to admit that I was slightly disappointed, though it’s mostly my own fault. Being from Canada I should have known this would be tailored to Amazon US. Sadly we do not have FBA here. While I could still sell on Amazon.ca, I’m a little worried as to whether Canadian buyers look to Amazon for things other then books.

5. says

Hi Steven…

Canadians can sell using Amazon FBA – it just takes a bit more work! Read this little article to see the details:

I’ve contacted some of my Canadian friends to get their take on shopping for other things than books from Canada.

My family in Italy buys a ton of stuff from Amazon U.S. – it’s just the best and easiest place to shop for everything they can’t get in Italy. I mention this… because Amazon is world wide. Don’t let a little
    the little things stop you from making big profits.

If something takes just a bit more work… chances are you are going to be far ahead of your Canadian competition. :)

Debra

6. says

Another note to Steven…

One of my Canadian friends shared this:

I buy books on Amazon.com not the .ca version because the
    selection is wider on the .com site. Besides books, we’ve also
    purchased toys for the kids and office stuff for me. So yes, I
    think Canadian’s do buy other stuff besides books from Amazon.

Of course, I use amazon.com and not amazon.ca because the
    selection is wider on the .com site – and I shop in US funds ;)

But now that Canadian banks are giving their customers debit
    cards that they can use as credit cards (Visa) in the US, either
    going over there physically or shopping online, I think it’s just
    going to become more popular in the near future for Canadians
    to shop on the Amazon.com site :)

7. Steven says

Hi Debra, I just wanted to say thank you for your quick reply, and even going as far as to look up information for me. I guess I shouldn’t have been so quick to brush off your book. I will definitely give that link a look and hopefully can find a way to use FBA from this side of the border.

8. Anita says

I’m not too keen on Amazon. I try to buy something on there that looks like a bargain and it says “We’re sorry. This item can’t be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order. ” Probably because some people don’t ship to Australia. I’m not sure if they like Paypal either (I believe they prefer visa). Shipping from here to the USA is costly … so Amazon is not a big deal from where I stand.

9. randy says

I have been selling on eBay for almost 11 years, Italy is one of the few countries in Europe that I do not like shipping to. Customs in this country will hold the packages for weeks. Although lately I have had success with Express Mail packages, I just hope it stays that way.

10. says

Debra,
    The reason Amazon doesn’t ship to certain areas is because they want to provide the best possible shopping experience for the customer. I think that is awesome!

They are opening up the world to better selection, prices (?) and great customer service one country at a time. It won’t be long at the rate they”re growing at before Amazon will be world wide.

They have to build in distribution centers, in order to replicate their super efficient inventory model with high tech computers and all first.
    TODD´s last blog post ..Why Is Gardening Good Medicine?

11. says

Hi Debra,

Can you just tell me, is Amazon actually a viable option for maing a full-time income? I see from your post at the top of the page that you only made $1000 in 4 months and not even profit. I was thinking about buying the Proven Amazon Course because of Jim Cockrum’s reputation, but given some of your comments, I’m not too convined that it’s a viable business model. I’m UK based by the way. Any information and direction would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks.

Regards.

Stan Fields, The Blind Marketer.

12. says

Hi Stan… I can see why you would question the viability of making a full time income on Amazon. I can assure you that many (I mean many!) people are making a full time income by selling products on Amazon. The income you saw was my ramp up income. I’m embarrassed to say how much I sold over the holiday’s (Insane).

Everyone and every business is different. Like everything else – you get out what you put in.

What I can say is this… Amazon is by far one of the easiest ways to create a real business with real income. And yes… I know that UK based sellers are doing well with this – I wish I could sell in the UK – I could, but the shipping of products to UK is very costly.

If you love to shop for bargains and have the money to invest… go for it!

13. says

Hi Debra,

Thanks for the clarification, so can you tell me exactly what is the best formula to follow? Would it be Proven Amazon Course, Amazon Arbitrage, Amazonian Profit Plan, or some other formula? Please bare in mind that while I’m not new to the internet, or the likes of eBay, I’m new to selling on Amazon and know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing, so a bit of guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards.

Stan Fields, The Blind Marketer.

14. says

Hi I found a bunch of YouTube Video’s about selling on Amazon FBA in UK and other countries.

There are more but these should get you started.

This new book is highly recommended to get started selling on Amazon FBA:

Also join the FBA Facebook group and you will get a ton of free info and all your questions answered.

To answer about PAC – Proven Amazon Course is a fantastic all inclusive course… but don’t get it until you have done as much free research as you can.

Chris Green’s book “Retail Arbitrage” is for you if you are already selling on Amazon and need the “bible” of making the best profit possible.

The Amazonian Profit Plan is not for selling stuff on Amazon. It’s about how to be an affiliate marketer with Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Debra

15. says

Hi Debra,

Thank you so much for all this information, it’s of great help and I shall go through it all later.

Thnks.

Regards.

Stan Fields, The Blind Marketer.

16. says

Hi Debra,
    Long time. I have been selling stuff on Amazon craigs list and eBay and love the income. I like Amazon better because I don’t have to take pictures or come up with descriptions. The eBay money is faster but the Amazon money is easier.
    I never considered the FBA process (is this where they ship for you?) but I am sure I can totally rock at it. I was a negotiator for 21 years at HP so you really have my juices flowing thinking about sources of products.
    Clay Franklin´s last blog post ..Plugin Hotshot Review

17. says

Hi Clay… I’ve missed you! I agree that the Amazon money is easier. Ebay may be faster but I dread listing, customer service and shipping.

FBA takes care of not only the listing process but also all the customer service and shipping and returns etc. AND Amazon buyers love to buy from us FBA-ers. As an prolific Amazon shopper I know this to be true. I would rather buy from Amazon (which my stuff is) and get the “free and fast shipping”.

Sourcing products is one of the “best and most fun” parts about selling on Amazon. FBA (where you send all the products to Amazon and they do the rest) is just the icing on the cake. I love love love it!

Creating my own products is just part of the income generation I do with Amazon. I source a bunch of products in local stores and online and then resell them on Amazon.

The true power of creating products (or creating bundles of products) is that you won’t have any competition. If the products are created using at least some “customer favorites” or “well known brands” – that’s some powerful stuff!

Get going Clay… let me know if I can help in any way.

Trackbacks